- The property La Poulailler in future known as La Poulailler is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by the owners to the renter [the client].
- Booking of the holiday house is to be done by an adult. Furthermore it is not allowed to stay in the house without an adult.
- To reserve the "Property", the Client should complete and sign the booking form and return it within 10 days together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit [30% of the total rent due].Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the Owners will send a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent together with the security deposit [see clause 5] is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property. In this event clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
- Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled with the Owner before departure.
- A security deposit of euro 200 for the rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the Client's liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
- Subject to clauses 3 and 4 above, in event of cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to relet the "Property" and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy [including cancellation cover] and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the Owner's insurance.
- The rental period shall commence at 4.00pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
- The maximum number to reside in the "Property" must not exceed the number as subscribed unless the owner has given written permission.
- The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the "Property" and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning cost if the Client leaves the "Property" in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in the neighbouring properties.
- The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the "Property" or breakdown in the equipment, plant, machinery or appliances in the "Property" garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
- The Owner shall not be liable to the Client: for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the "Property", nor in respect of any equipment, plant machinery or appliance in the "Property", garden or swimming pool. For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, flood, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner. For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the "Property" shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within seven days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owner's liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period. This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.
Please note that these booking conditions will be included on our booking form.